- High reliability – latest electronic and environmental protections, quality control, and design considerations comply with IEC 62109 and promote longevity in the harshest environments.
- High Temperature Design – full nameplate current rating, both solar and load up to 60°C continuous.
- Auto-battery-select – 12V and 24V systems.
- Data Logging – up to 256 days of solar charge and load consumption data.
- Low Noise Design – meets US Federal Communications Commission Class B specifications.
- Automatic Solar Based Lighting Control – field adjustable, multi-event load control enables powerful options for solar lighting systems.
- MODBUS Communications – open standard MODBUS communications protocol allows for control and remote data access.
- Durable Design – high strength polycarbonate case with protective terminal cover and extruded aluminum heatsink.
- Self Diagnostics – continuous monitoring and reporting of any errors or system faults through its status LED’s, optional display and communication port.
- Meter – high resolution LCD, multi-lingual backlit graphical display of system voltage, current, temperature, lighting settings, etc.
- Custom Programming – dip switches, meter interface, or connection with a computer can be used to adjust charging, load, communications, and lighting control.
- Estimated 15 year life
- Compliance with IEC 62109
- PWM series battery charging (not shunt)
- 8 dip switches to adjust battery charging and other settings
- High resolution graphical meter to adjust settings and display logged data
- RJ-11 MeterBus port for serial MODBUS data or to add a remote meter
- Compatible with Morningstar’s Ethernet MeterBus Converter (EMC-1)
- Up to 256 days of data logging
- Dusk-to-dawn and advanced programmable lighting control
- Protective terminal cover
- Enhanced surge rating for heavy DC loads
- Slow switching mode to eliminate system noise at telecom sites
- Parallel for up to 300 amps
- Temperature compensated charging
- No switching or measurement in the grounded leg
- 100% solid state
- Very low voltage drops
- Current compensated low voltage disconnect (LVD)
- LED’s to indicate battery status and faults
- Capable of 25% overloads
- Remote battery voltage sense terminals
|Nominal Battery Voltage||12V or 24V|
|Battery Voltage Range||10-35V|
|Voltage Accuracy||<= 0.1% +/- 50mV|
|Maximum Battery Current||15A or 30A|
|Maximum Solar Input Voltage (12V/24V bat)||60Voc|
|Load Current Rating||15A or 30A|
|LED Indications||(1) status, (3) Battery state of charge|
|Transient Surge Protection||1500 Watts (solar, battery, load)|
|Operating Temperature||-40°C to + 60°C|
|Meter Operating Temperature||-20°C to + 60°C|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to + 80°C|
|Tropicalization||conformal coating, marine-rated terminals|
|Resolution||128 X 64 pixels||No meter||128 X 64 pixels|
|Viewing Area||5.0 cm x 2.5 cm||5.0 cm x 2.5 cm|
|Display Color||Blue on white||Blue on white|
|Battery Types||7 Standard Battery Settings + Custom|
|4-Stage Charging||Bulk, Absorption, Float, Equalize|
|Temperature Compensation||Coefficient: -5 mV / °C / cell (25°C ref)
Range: -30°C to + 60°C
Set Points: Absorption, Float, Equalize
|Dimensions||15.3(W) x 10.5(L) x 5.5(D) cm
6.0(W) x 4.1(L) x 2.2(D) in
|Weight||0.4 kg / 1.0 lbs|
|Wire Size Range||Power Terminals: 2.5 – 16 mm2 / 14 – 6 AWG
Battery/Temp. Sense: 0.25 – 1.0 mm2 / 24 – 16 AWG
|Enclosure||IP20, Type 1|
|Solar Input||overload, short-circuit, high voltage, reverse polarity, high temperature, nighttime reverse current|
|Load Output||overload, short-circuit, high temperature, reverse polarity|
|Battery||reverse polarity (no battery removal)|
|Load & Lighting Control|
|Low Voltage Disconnect, Low Voltage Reconnect Settings||11.4 V / 12.6 V or Custom (x2 for 24 volt systems)|
|Lighting Settings||Dusk to Dawn or Custom|
|LVD Current Compensation||-20 mV per Amp @ 12 Volts / -40 mV per Amp @ 24 Volts|
|LVD Warning Timer||10 minutes|
|Lighting Test Timer||5 minutes|
|Data & Communications|
|Communication Protocols||Morningstar MeterBus, MODBUS|
|Datalogging||Up to 256 days, daily records|
|CE; RoHS; ETL Listed||UL62109/CSA.107.1; IEC 62109; FCC Part-15 class B compliant|
|Manufactured in a certified ISO 9001 facility|
|Remote Temperature Sensor (RTS)||The RTS is recommended whenever the temperature of the battery varies more than 5°C (9°F) during the year.|
|Remote Meter (RM-1)||Morningstar’s Remote Meter (RM-1) is a universal, four digit display with custom icons that is compatible with several Morningstar controllers and inverters. This meter provides comprehensive system information for easy monitoring including voltage, current and temperature.|
|PC MeterBus Adapter (MSC)||Morningstar’s PC Meterbus Adapter (MSC) converts a controller’s meter port (RJ-11 phone type connector) to a standard RS-232 serial connector for connection to a PC or other equipment. The MSC may be used with any Morningstar controller or inverter equipped with a meter connection that does not also already have a RS-232 port.|
|USB Communications Adapter (UMC-1)||The USB MeterBus Adapter (model: UMC-1) converts the Morningstar MeterBus RJ-11 electrical interface to a standard USB 2.0 interface which allows communication between a PC and a Morningstar charge controller or inverter .|
|Ethernet Communications Adapter (EMC-1)||The New Ethernet MeterBus Converter (model: EMC-1) enables IP based network and internet connectivity to any Morningstar product that features an existing MeterBus port (RJ-11)|
|Meter Hub (HUB-1)||The MeterHub allows up to 15 Morningstar products on a single MeterBus network. The product electrically isolates devices that supply power to the network, preventing damage to the network in the event of grounding problems. Five status LED’s indicate the proper network connection to each port. The MeterHub is suitable for either wall or DIN rail mounting.|
|Relay Driver (RD-1)||Morningstar’s RelayDriver™ is a logic module which provides high level system control functions such as high/low voltage alarms, load control and generator start.|
|Ground Fault Protection Device (GFPD-150)||Morningstar’s Ground Fault Protection Device products are built to provide a superior solution to ground fault protection for both off-grid and on-grid PV systems. The GFPD products’ are available in two model versions (GFPD-150V and GFPD-600V) to support 150V and 600V PV system breaker stacks.|